For website owners, search ranking results are everything. You need to know whether your search engine optimization (SEO) strategies are working and where and how to adjust your keyword emphasis on the fly.
When you want to measure your search engine result pages (SERPs), the best rank tracking tools provide this information. These tools show you the progress you are making over time, while also giving you real-time information.
The Top 6 Best Rank Tracking Tools
- Semrush – Best overall
- SE Ranking – Best for real-time tracking of keywords
- Ahrefs – Best for tracking backlinks
- SERPWatcher by Mangools – Best for daily rank tracking updates
- Wincher – Best for rank tracking on a budget
- Serpstat – Best for SEO campaigns
Finding just the right rank tracking software to use with your website can be a challenge. We will break down the most important aspects of each of these tools, helping you find the software that delivers the features you need.
#1 – Semrush – Best Overall
- Customizable historical site rankings
- Tracks performance in special categories
- Monitors your competitors’ sites
- Delivers alerts after ranking changes
Semrush delivers a wide range of features for keeping an eye on your site’s SEO results.
You’ll receive a historical ranking of your site’s keywords over time, helping you track your progress. You can group these rankings to show which keywords are giving you a top three, a top 10, or a top 100 ranking.
Should any of your pages rank in…