Sign up for Kamatera today for affordable hosting, near-instant server setup, unrivaled uptime, and round-the-clock customer support. Try Kamatera risk-free with a 30-day free trial, including $100 worth of service credit with no contract or commitment required.
Web hosting services offer critical storage and computing resources to ensure your website and applications are readily available to online visitors. However, there are many different hosting services to choose from, including cloud and shared hosting. This post will explore the fundamental differences between these two hosting types to help you make an informed decision.
The 10 Best Hosting Companies for Cloud Hosting
Spoiler alert: you’re likely to decide you’re better off with cloud hosting by the end of this post. Our research team has tested over two dozen hosting services to find the best cloud hosting services. You can see the results of that experiment in our post Comparing The Best Cloud Web Hosting Plans. Our top options include:
- Kamatera – Best for affordable versatility
- Hostinger – Most bang for your buck
- Scala Hosting – Best cloud hosting for custom resource allocation
- Cloudways – Best customizable managed cloud hosting
- HostGator – Best cheap cloud web hosting
- Nexcess – Best cloud hosting for ecommerce sites
- DreamHost – Best cloud hosting for developers
- SiteGround – Best cloud hosting for scaling resources
- A2 Hosting – Fastest cloud web hosting
- InMotion – Best cloud hosting for small businesses
While it’s arguable that most people benefit more from cloud hosting than shared hosting, you can only come to a solid conclusion by thoroughly comparing the two hosting types.
Therefore, below are the key differences between cloud and shared hosting.