We’re living in an era where anyone can start a website and use it to generate income. Whether it’s a small side hustle or a full-time job, the potential profits from starting a website are virtually limitless.
For so many people, the idea of making money from a website sounds like a dream. They love the concept but just don’t have any direction for getting started.
If you’re ready to turn that dream into a reality, you’ve come to the right place. Throughout my career, I’ve turned countless websites into money-making machines. I created this guide to share my knowledge and teach you how to do the same thing.
Top Website Builders to Make Money from a Website
If you want to make money from a website, you’ll need a website builder. Here’s the best options.
- Wix – Best website builder for your first website
- Bluehost WordPress Website Builder – Best for building sites that grow with your business
- Squarespace – Best website builder for creators of all stripes
- Weebly – Best for making money with an ecommerce store
- GoDaddy – Best for building your website from your phone
You can read our full reviews of each website builder here.
5 Steps to Make Money From a Website
Making money from a website might sound complicated, but the entire process can be summarized in just five simple steps. I’ll break this process down into greater detail below.
- Choose Your Monetization Strategy
- Get Hosting, Register a Domain, and Create Your Site
- Identify Your Target Market
- Create Content and Build Out Your Pages
- Drive Traffic and Scale Your Site
What to Expect When Making Money From a Website
Here’s a closer look at the easy parts and challenging aspects of making money from a website: